In 1935، the «Fardht Al-Khobar» was created، and the building، which was supervised by American engineers، was finished in the following year. It was just a small berth for mooring boats and next to it a small customs building. From this berth، ferries were carrying foreign Aramco employees once a week to Bahrain to entertain and buy what was lacking at the time in the Khobar market.
From which، the first commercial consignment of Eastern Province oil was transferred to Bahrain›s refineries on 10 July 1957